This policy describes how and why Move like a River collects and uses your personal information, how we protect your privacy when doing so, and your rights and choices regarding this information. Personally identifiable information is collected only on a voluntary basis. This may include your name, postal address, email address and telephone number. If you are attending classes, we may also collect some health information from you. We aim to be clear when we collect your information about what we will do with it. This policy is effective from May 2018.
Who we are
Move like a River is the trading name for Susan Martle who is a Feldenkrais practitioner. Susan Martle has completed a recognised Feldenkrais training and is a member of the Feldenkrais Guild UK.
Who you are
You may have given us information in order to receive an email newsletter, to receive a ‘product’ like an audio recording, video recording or written document (either free or paid for). We may have received your data via email, social media (eg Facebook), messaging services (eg WhatsApp) or our website (www.movelikeariver.co.uk). Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook or WhatsApp, you might have given us permission to access information from those services, for example when you publicly tag us in an event or photo.
What personal information we collect
We collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- your name
- your preferred contact details (possibly including postal address, telephone number, e-mail address and/or social media identity)
- how and where and when we received your details, eg: by signing up to the mailing list on the website
For people who have become customers, we will collect additional information in order to carry out the purchase of the product or service you are buying from us. This could include information such as credit card details or billing address. We use third party processors to take and complete payment, we will not retain or have access to your payment information.
For people attending classes (physical classes or online classes), we will also keep information about:
- your PAR-Q (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire) which is stored in Google Drive (password protected)
- dates of attendance of classes
How we use your information to tell you about our work
Our e-newsletter includes information about the latest news related to Move like a River and may include articles or free audio lessons. Occasionally, we may send you other marketing information for example details about a workshop. You will get these email newsletters and email communications only if you have signed up to the email newsletter.
We may also invite you to events via Facebook or tell you our latest news via Facebook messenger. We will only do this if you have interacted with the Move like a River Facebook page by liking or following or messaging the page.
If you don't want to hear from us, that's fine, and you can opt out at any time. You can either email email@example.com or click on the unsubscribe link if the communication is sent by email.
Legal basis for processing
Specific consent: We will process your data on the basis of consent, if you are signed up to our e-newsletter and marketing communications. That means you will have to opt-in to receive the communications, and can unsubscribe at any time.
Legitimate interest: If you have followed or liked Move like a River on social media, we will process your information on the basis of Legitimate Interest, as we think you have a reasonable expectation of us keeping you informed of Move like a River events, activities and news.
Where your information is stored and how we keep it safe
- Names, email addresses and phone numbers are stored in Microsoft Outlook and the outlook account details are password protected. Only Susan Martle has access to the account.
- Completed PAR-Q questionnaires are kept in a Google Forms format in a password protected Google Drive (only Susan Martle has the Gmail account password details)
- Facebook stores your Facebook identity and any interactions with Move like a River’s Facebook page. Admins of the Move like a River Facebook page can see any messages that you have sent the page and also your Facebook name (if you have messaged or liked or followed the page). Currently, only Susan Martle is an admin of the Move like a River Facebook page.
When you use our website, we collect your personal information using "cookies" and other tracking methods. We monitor our website statistics solely for the purposes of improving our website and are not using individual information. For further information visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
How long we will keep your data
If you ask us to stop sending you emails or other forms of communication, we will remove your personal information completely and immediately.
Where we rely on your consent to use your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This includes the right to be unsubscribed from our email list at any time. You also have the following rights:
- Right to be informed – you have the right to be told how your personal information will be used.
- Right of access – you can ask what information we hold on you and to request a copy.
- Right of erasure – you can request that all your personal information is deleted from our records immediately.
- Right of rectification – if you believe our records of your personal information are inaccurate, you have the right to ask for those records to be updated.
- Right to restrict processing – you have the right to ask for processing of your personal data to be restricted if there is disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage.